Health, Safety, Security and Environment Services
Occupational health and safety (OHS) is a vital factor in the protection of life and property. It is a key contributor to the improvement of quality and productivity and forms part of those elements that assist in ensuring the continued existence of any business.
- Occupational health and safety encompasses the social, mental and physical well-being of workers in all occupations.
- Poor working conditions have the potential to affect a worker’s health and safety. It can also affect the environment workers live in. This means those workers, their families, other people in the community, and the physical environment around the workplace, can all be at risk from exposure to workplace hazards.
- Unhealthy or unsafe working conditions can be found both indoors and outdoors.
- Employers have a moral and legal responsibility to protect workers.
- Work-related accidents and diseases are common in all parts of the world and often have many direct and indirect negative consequences for workers and their families. Single accident or illness can mean enormous financial loss to both workers and employers.
- Effective workplace health and safety programmes can help to save people and the environment.
- Clients are becoming increasingly demanding and value those companies with certain moral values incorporated, in order to be more efficient and to offer higher quality work.